December 30, 2007

Guest Blogger: Naomi

Born, raised, and now living again in North Dakota, I am definitely a country girl at heart. But I've got to admit...when I got into town on Friday night and rode with Simple Guy and Girl in the city, a part of my heart felt right at home.

That "home" feeling certainly has something to do with the fact that I have been here countless times over the years to visit my very dear friends. When Simple Guy first moved down here, Simple Girl and I would road-trip almost every month or so to come and visit him. And since my two dear friends conveniently started sharing a home and a last name (what a great wedding!!), I've made a point to spend at least a week with them every year. Needless to say, the city has become more than familiar...a second home almost...and when I'm here, I realize how much I really have missed it.

And although it certainly plays a significant part, I think there's more to that "home" feeling than just being familiar with the shops, streets, and the buildings in this city.

What really makes me feel right at home here is the company of friends who have become family. Friends with whom I share a deep and rich history. Friends with whom I can sit, year after year, reminiscing about the past and dreaming about the future. Friends who know me well and love me still. Friends who challenge me and encourage me. Friends who speak the truth in love. Friends with whom I strive to follow and serve Jesus Christ. My very dear friends, Simple Guy and Girl.

You both make this city "home" for me. I love it. And you.

No comments: