December 11, 2007

"Politician's" Wife?

Apparently I am now a "politician's" wife. Last night, as I was making my way through our lobby after the election, I received several congratulations from people I didn't even know. And, best of all, I got a few knowing nods from Board members past and present- the nod of "say goodbye to your husband because he's all ours for the next two years!" One of the current Board members said to me "Guess you won't be seeing much of him now." I said, quite frankly, "Not if I have anything to say about it" and gave him my sweetest smile.

And tonight, as the lady who receives packages for us in the mail room opened the mailroom door to hand me my package, she said "Congratulations.....he is on the Board!" and she gave me a wink. I, surprised she stayed up to speed on these things, could only think to say "Thanks......I think."

Upon entering our building, I saw not one, not two, but three flyers announcing Simple Guy's and the other two new Board members appointment to the Board. Now everyone knows that the guy who lives in 10H is on the Board. Here's to coming home and finding slips of paper under our door with pepople's laundry list of things they want done around here and I can forget about quiet elevator rides when people see who they're riding with!

No comments: