January 4, 2010

Useful Green Recipes

MAKE-IT-YOURSELF HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS

I wanted to post a few of these "recipes" I came across in the book, "Green Goes With Everything" to share with you.

I am not an expert on all things green. I am just like you. I want to do right by my health and the health of my husband. Even if that means I need to conjure up my own household cleaners. He is worth it. I am worth it. Your loved ones are worth it. And you are worth it, friend!

Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Combine:
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup vinegar
10 drops of tea tree essential oil

Stain Lifter
Combine:
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 drops peppermint, eucalyptus, or lemon essential oil
Water

Floor Cleaner
Combine:
1 gallon hot water
2 tabelspoons liquid castile soap
15 drops sweet orange essential oil
1/4 cup lemon juice

Window Cleaner
Combine:
3 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

And these come from my aunt:

Room Deodorizer
Simmer a small saucepan of water with 1 tablespoon of whole cloves and one sliced lemon. It smells wonderful!

Minor Drain Clog
Put 1/2 cup baking soda followed by 1/2 cup vinegar down the drain. Close the drain and cover overflow hole with wet rag. Wait 5 minutes, remove plug and wet rag and then pour a boiling tea kettle of water down the drain. Works like a charm, especially for grease.

No comments: