July 12, 2008

I Confess

I must confess to you that I ate a piece of cake at the wedding reception we were at last night. And really, the only reason why I did so was becaue I felt it would be rude to not partake in the delectable cake that the bride and groom wanted to share with me and the other guests.

Liz was right in her comment on my last post about wedding cake most of the time tasting like cardboard and I was hanging my resolve to not eat any cake on that very truth, but after I saw someone eating a slice I could not say no. You see, the cake was unbelievably moist and full of flavor for the chocolate part of it was dense and real and the filling and frosting was not sugary, but rather creamy and tinted with the slightest hint of vanilla.

Oh, it was good folks, it was good and worth the temporary fall off the wagon. But I am back on the wagon of Operation: Just Say No!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey, at least you didn't waste your sugar intake on a bad piece of cake! If you're going to consume the sugar, it might as well be worth it!