May 16, 2008

Books

I did something very fun today.....and just for the occasion I curled my hair and put on a pretty pink top that billows in the wind to add to this momentous day. Well actually, that was not intentional, but it paints a nicer picture than me just slugging along.

What did I do? I got my city public library card! I felt so happy to walk into a library, flash my license and then recieve my first library card in, well, must be at least 10 or so years.

And to mark this speacial day I came back with two books that promise to delight the heart, tickle the senses, and prove to be good company in bed and outside under an umbrella.

Here is my first pick:

I have never read this book and have never seen the movie, but I have several friends who are OBSESSED with this novel. I think it will make them happy to know that I am finally getting to see what all the hype is about!

My second pick is one of my most favorite movies....can you say "Willoughby!"

My choices are a bit "safe," I know, but I will gladly welcome your recommendations for my next round of reading. Please, no self-help books.

3 comments:

Liz said...

2 excellent choices to being your library adventures with! One of my favorite books ever is "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck. The size is a little daunting but it's worth it. Let me know when you are done and I'll think of some other good ones!

betty said...

It must be in you DNA as Jane Austen is my absolute favorite author and I loved both books and both movies - I'm surprised you haven't seen Pride and Prejudice-you'll have to come over and we can rent it.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

These are two of my favorites!

I recommend "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. It is a phenomenal book - really well written.