May 23, 2008

7 Years of Life!

Seven years ago, on May 27 sometime after 6:00 a.m., a beautiful, dark-hair mopped baby girl named Lauren was birthed into this world. And I was there. And I held her minutes after she took her first breath. And it was, in the simplest of words, the most beautiful, awe-inspiring event I have ever been a part of.

After Lauren was born, I felt as if I was on a high- my adrenaline was pumping; my head was spinning; and my heart was swelling with love for this newest addition to our family. I looked at my cousin, who was tired but elated, and thought, "This is one of the gifts of being a woman: giving life." As a woman, it was a gift that I will never forget seeing. As a human, it was one of the times in my life that I felt so close to God, I could lean in to Him; His presence to me in those moments after her arrival were very real and tangible.

Lauren grew, and she grew, and she grew until eventually she no longer was that sweet little baby, but rather a sweet young lady with giggles and frills, who loves school and her friends and baking chocolate chip cookies.

Her seven years of life have not been without their scares or obstacles, but she has stayed brave and strong and has shown to her mom, dad, brothers, and the rest of her family, just what it means to take one day at a time and to find joy and laughter in the simple, every day things.

Seven years of life....wow, the time has gone by fast sweet girl.

Happy 7th Birthday, Lauren! We love you!

No comments: