September 23, 2012

GOD Truth #5: HE Promises HIMSELF....And HE Is Enough


This is part five of a seven series post that was born out of some very intentional time I took to walk the road of grief and longing, and sit in the place of despair and doubt. And I asked JESUS to meet me in my very broken place and to show me HIS goodness.

And HE did. Over and over HE did. And the more I looked for ways that HE is good, the more I found.

I call the things I learned about GOD in that season my GOD Truths. These are the very true things that GOD does and is to all of HIS children.

I know that my journey is meant to open the eyes, ears, and hearts of others to who GOD is. To draw them closer to their MAKER. To tell of HIS love for HIS people and HIS goodness throughout all the ages.




You and I are not promised designer brands to wear; new cars to drive; and Starbucks every day.  I know that’s likely no surprise to you.  And you and I are not promised high-paying jobs; health; marriage; or even babies.   

But we are promised JESUS today and all the days of our lives.  And HE is enough, that is, if we truly believe in the word and promises of GOD, HE is enough.

To say that I am not promised anything but HIM is so bittersweet to me.  

It’s bitter because it means I may not get what I want.  But it’s so very sweet because I am promised for all the days of my life the one true GOD; the mighty FORTRESS to run to when I am scared; the wise COUNSELOR to seek guidance from; the GIVER of life when death surrounds me; and the good SHEPHERD to walk with in valleys and on mountain tops.

In Hebrews 13:5, HE tells us “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 

HE promises us HIMSELF for always and forever.  And HE is enough.

No comments: