December 3, 2009

I Am Promised Nothing

I always knew this, but I never truly believed it until now. I am promised nothing. Nothing. And it’s so bittersweet to sit with that. To let it sink in. It’s bitter because it means I do not get my way; I don’t get what I want. It’s sweet because it moves me to draw nearer to the LORD and to cling to the one promise I have and that is that HE will never leave me or forsake me. And that gives me hope.

Not hope that I try to fill myself with. But GOD’s hope.

My hope tells me that I will have a beautiful baby someday. But I may not. GOD’s hope is not like that. HIS hope does not return void. So I am hoping for something that is not of this world. I am hoping for JESUS. I wait in anticipation for His coming.

And while I still hope for the joy of things to be had on earth, I know that true joy is yet to come. True joy is not dependent on my circumstances and I thank the LORD for that.

No comments: