November 17, 2009

Taking My Mind Off Things

I need to write about something that will take my mind off things, so I thought I would introduce you to our newest household appliance that we do not have room for:

It's a juicer- a really good one. Thanks to Simple Guy's reward points at work we got it for FREE! You can put anything you want in this and it will reduce it to pulp, literally. I just made a delicious apple-pear juice for myself and it was great.


Moving forward, I'll be learning how to make juices using kale, carrots, cucumber, ginger and other raw fruits and vegetables so that Simple Guy and I can start our day off right.


Maybe next time you are over at the Simpleton house I'll make you a kale-ginger-apple drink.....maybe......depends on how I am feeling that day, know what I mean?

Also, I thought I would tell you that last week I went to the Merchandise Mart sample sale and got an acrylic orange tray, frame, and organic cotton baby blanket all for $20- all that would have retailed for over $100. And Simple Guy made his own trip and picked up 8 organic cotton hats and 5 pairs of organic cotton socks for $11 and that all would have retailed for over $60. We like deals and I think we have a knack for finding them!

That's all for now......


1 comment:

betty said...

I'm curious as to where you are putting your new juicer! Looks very sleek and I look forward to a healthy combo of veggies or maybe I'll just stick with your fantastic expresso/latte machine. Please make sure you always have room for that!!!