February 7, 2009

I Heart the Book of Daniel

I have been studying the book of Daniel using Beth Moore's "Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy" study. Here it is:


I have been doing this in a small group for the past few months and I have to tell you that I highly recommend it to anyone looking to dig deeper in the Word with fellow sojourners.

I can recall poo-pooing a class on Daniel being offered at my alma mater (here's a little trivia for you: I have a degree in Bible- everyone at my alma mater automatically received a double major in Bible and whatever you chose to study) because I though the book was, in my sophiticated college thought, "Booooooring!"

Oh how wrong I was, friends! The book of Daniel is AMAZING! You cannot fully understand Revelations unless you study Daniel. Studying Daniel provides more insight and backdrop into other passages found in other books such as Proverbs, Isaiah, and Ezekiel.

Seriously, I heart Daniel. Now I understand why one woman who was studying this book during her pregnancy later named her son Daniel.

If you attend my church and think you might be interested in doing this study, let me know because I am considering doing it again.

No comments: