September 28, 2008

Money Chasers

On the way home from church this afternoon, Simple Guy and I were casually conversing and plotting out the rest of our day when suddenly Simple Guy murmured something, unbuckled his seatbelt and exited the driver's seat, only to dash into the middle of an intersection and dash back to the car with a $5 bill!

I was astonished....not because he had $5, but because he unmanned the car and bolted into an intersection.....grant it, there were no cars and upon replay in my mind, he was never in any danger.

"There is money in the street......look, there's more over there!" said he.

He crossed the intersection and pulled up to the curb across the way and I quickly opened my door and snatched up a $20 bill!

"Oh my gosh......this is unbelievable!" said me.

Simple Guy quickly turned the car around to go back to see if there was any more cash tumbling around on the other side of the street. After careful surveillance we determined there was no more cash to chase......but then we wanted to make sure just in case.......so we circled the block again and pulled into a small parking lot and sure enough......

"There's another one!" declared Simple Guy. I opened my door and lo' and behold, there was a $10 bill!

"This really is unbelievable!" I said laughing and pumping my fist full of money!

So there you have it, we found $35 in just three minutes. Here it is:



And in case you are wondering, there was no one around who appeared to be frantically looking for their money, because if there was, we certainly would have given it to them!

2 comments:

michelle said...

woohoo! that sounds like fun - wish we had been there! :)

betty said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that it was you and Jason that found MY MONEY-no big deal, you can either write me a check or just give it to me when I see you!! Thanks for letting me know.
Love, Mom